#35 – The Suzzalo Library at the University of Washington Campus
This is the central library on the UW campus and one of the more recognizable buildings on campus. While it looks like an ancient gothic building construction started in only 1926 and it was completed in 1963. It is named after University of Washington president Henry Suzzalo who stepped down in 1926, but it wasn’t named after him until 1933, the year of his death. It is built in the collegiate gothic architecture style by Charles Bebb and Carl Gould. The collegiate reading room is one of the most impressive spaces on campus and is always quiet and peaceful.
We can certainly come check this spot out, especially if we are visiting the Quad to see the cherry blossom trees in bloom.
Email [email protected] or call 206-522-5994 for further information